- Create new and update existing websites across over 30 brands as directed by proprietary marketing department. Also create new sections of sites for retail and wholesale divisions.
- Defined scope of project to make all company websites accessible and responsive.
- Facilitate collaboration with marketers, graphic designers, copywriters, system programmers, product managers, and V.P. level stakeholders throughout planning, development, and testing stages of projects.
- Engage in side-by-side partner collaboration with copywriters, graphic designers, and system programmers during project planning, development, and quality assurance testing.
- Research and recommend best practices, technologies, methodologies, and tools.
- Lead a continuous improvement project with a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop and present technical training sessions for peers.
Passionate front end web developer and former educator with a user experience mindset and proven leadership skills with nearly 20 years combined experience across small business, corporate, public school, university, and nonprofit settings.
- Provide technical influence to design choices and efficiently translate design into clean markup.
- Utilize libraries, frameworks, templating tools, and pre-processors such as Bootstrap, Less, jQuery, Modernizr, Twig, and Zend.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction along with recommended solutions.
- Build sites in various CMS systems (e.g., Joomla, WordPress, Drupal) and customize templates.
User Experience and Design Summary
- Develop content maps, site maps, and site taxonomy.
- Collaborate with artists to create purposeful design, meaningful interactions, and delightful experiences.
- Collaborate with copywriters to meet SEO and content strategy goals.
- Take feedback from diverse stakeholders, synthesize multiple perspectives, and make recommendations to drive project forward.
- Initiate problem-solving and utilization of resources.
- Facilitate meetings and lead teams through various stages of projects.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills and concepts.
- Values side-by-side collaboration and independence.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic.
Conferences & Meetup Groups Attended
- U of I Web Con (2015, 2016, 2017)
- An Event Apart - Chicago (2016)
- Meetup: UX Champaign-Urbana (2016-present)
- Meetup: Chicago Digital Accessibility and Inclusive Design (2017)
- U of I Monthly “Explore with Hadi” Accessibility Chat (2016 - present)
- Taught students with high-incidence, mild-to-moderate disabilities in a resources room where I often created my own web-based tools for instructional use and creation of course materials.
- Wrote and monitored progress towards learning goals.
- Collaborated with colleagues and parents in planning and implementing individualized education plans.
- Designed and programmed help desk ticket system for students and faculty to request assistance with online course access and course creation (HTML, CSS, Perl, MySQL).
- Designed, developed and delivered workshops and training seminars to faculty.
- Provided support to students and faculty in the use of WebCT and Blackboard.
- Managed search engine marketing and email campaigns.
- Created HTML to match website layout designs provided by a marketing firm.
Approximately 20 years experience participating in various non-profit organizations and clubs. Responsibilities include planning and leading meetings (as president), speaking at public events, leading workshops, keeping organizational and financial records (treasurer), writing articles, creating monthly newsletters, and creation/maintenance of websites using Joomla, WordPress and Drupal.
- Master of Science in Education: Special Education, 2012
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Master of Music: Music Performance, 2003
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Bachelor of Music: Orchestral Instrument (major), Computer Science (minor), 1997
Stetson University, DeLand, Florida
References are availabe upon request.